OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 21 FEBRUARY 2020: USE YOUR STRENGTH WISELY
MEMORISE: Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; Ecclesiastes 12:1
READ: ECCLESIASTES 12:1-7
1. Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
2. While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:
3. In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
4. And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
5. Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
6. Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
One outstanding feature in you as a teenager is your strength.
With that strength, you get to do a lot of things. In fact, the strength is so much that you cannot stay idle in one place.
This is why there are a lot of teenagers moving around aimlessly.
Many go to the club to use up their strength, some use it up in fornication, some in gangsterism, but all these tend towards destruction.
Your strength is your glory, don’t let it bring shame to you and your family.
In all ways that you try to use up your strength, Ecclesiastes 12:1 says that you should remember God.
Anything that will not bring glory to God is not worth your strength.
Put your strength into your studies, sports, evangelism and the work of God.
Get busy with these things so that your strength will bring you a glorious future.
When I was a teenager, there were some of my friends who used their strength to jump the fence out of the school occasionally.
They rebelled against the teachers too but all these bring anything to them but shame. Be wise, use your strength wisely.
What you do now will determine who you become tomorrow.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Numbers 5-6 ; Mark 4:1-20
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated Lord to thee
Take my moment and days
Let them flow ceaseless praise.
2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of thy love
Take my feet and them be
Swift and beautiful for thee
3.Take my voice and let me sing
Always only for my king
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from thee.
4.Take my sliver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as thou shalt choose.
5.Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall no longer mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
6.Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At They feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for thee
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye