OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 2 FEBRUARY 2020 SUNDAY
THEME: BEATEN FOR YOU
MEMORISE: But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5
READ: Isaiah 53:4-7
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
God has made provisions that anytime that you have headache, stomach ache or any other illness, all you have to do is remember that He surrendered His only begotten son to be beaten so that you can be healed.
I once fell ill with pain all over my body and I kept saying by His stripes, I am healed. The devil came and told me that if I had been healed, why was I still sleeping on my bed?
Then I got up and decided to go to church. The devil said I would faint. I shunned him.
After some time, I had the urge to go and ease myself and after doing this, I suddenly discovered that I was totally whole. The pains had completely gone. The devil ran away in shame.
Jesus received painful lashes on His body in order to set you free from diseases. What you need to do is to believe in the word of God concerning healing and to use them when the devil raises his ugly head.
But you also need to consiously live a healthy life. Mind what you eat and rest when you should.
If there is any disease in your body, lay your hand on yourself and speak the word of God over it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 28-30 ; Matthew 22:1-22
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm and changeless be,
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then, in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye