OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 2 APRIL 2020: ACQUIRE A SKILL
MEMORISE: And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
READ: EXODUS 36:1-3
1. Then wrought Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whom the LORD put wisdom and understanding to know how to work all manner of work for the service of the sanctuary, according to all that the LORD had commanded.
2. And Moses called Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whose heart the LORD had put wisdom, even every one whose heart stirred him up to come unto the work to do it:
3. And they received of Moses all the offering, which the children of Israel had brought for the work of the service of the sanctuary, to make it withal. And they brought yet unto him free offerings every morning.
A skill is a developed aptitude or ability, while to acquire a skill means to get trained in order to perform tasks you could not have performed naturally.
As beautiful as education is, it is also necessary to learn a skill because the world is evolving and you can never tell when the skill learnt might come in handy.
As much as you are book smart, you also need to be ‘hand smart’.
To acquire a skill, think of a thing of interest.
Think of something you know you will enjoy doing. It may be baking, cooking, teaching, sewing, drawing, hair making, speaking, singing, sports, et cetera.
After you have found one, inform your parents or guardians about it while you search for a good place to learn.
Note that skills may not be limited to something that you do with your hands. If you have tried to learn a skill and failed at it, don’t give up.
You can get training computer programming or get certified in a field of interest especially if you are in higher institution.
This way you will graduate with a certificate from the school and also have a certificate in your chosen field. To achieve this you have to make good use of your holidays.
Don’t just sit idle at home. Learn something new or get better at what you have learnt.
There is always a place for the skilled; it’s with Kings and those in high places.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
JUDGES 8-9; LUKE 8:23-56
1.I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining everyday;
Still praying as I onward bound
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s table-land;
Where love, and joy, and light abound, Lord, plant my feet on higher
2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise, and fears dismay; Though some may dwell where these abound,
My constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4.I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song, while climbing, shall resound Lord,
lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord, lead me up the mountain side
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And, heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye