OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TEENS 3RD JANUARY 2020
THEME: GOAT IN SHEEP SKIN?
MEMORISE: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 2 Timothy 3:13
READ: 2 Timothy 3:13-16
13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TEENS 3RD JANUARY 2020 MESSAGE:
Good Morning Beloved,
CLICK TO READ – PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S OPEN HEAVENS 3RD JANUARY 2020 FRIDAY
CLICK TO READ – DAILY DECLARATIONS FROM OPEN HEAVENS 3RD JANUARY 2020 FRIDAY
READ – OPEN HEAVENS 4 JANUARY 2020
A goat is a very stubborn animal that is always disobedient and rebellious. A sheep on the other hand is a very submissive animal that obeyed instructions and pleases the shepherd.
There are some mischievous teenagers who look gentle and act as if they are obedient, but deep down, they are goats. If you are one of such, then this message is for you.
Do you pretend to your parents that you are obedient and studious, whereas your friends know you as someone completely different?
Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, yet you act as if you don’t even know what that means when you are with your parents?
I tell you today, no matter how a goat tries to disguise like a sheep, it is still a goat and the place reserved for goats is the everlasting lake of fire (Matthew 25:41).
You can trick your parents for a while, but you cannot fool God one bit. He knows the real you.
By the way, your parents want you to behave in a certain way not because of themselves, but because they love you and know what it is best for you.
If you decide to make them think that you think that you are a good boy or girl, while you are actually the opposite, the one who will be burnt is you.
My charge to you today is that, you stop the pretence and start working on your character to conform to God’s word.
The Lord has great plans for you (Jeremiah 29:11) but for Him to be your shepherd (Psalm 23:1) you have to be His sheep and not a goat.
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TEENS 3RD JANUARY 2020 KEY POINT:
You cannot deceive God. You will face the consequences of your actions.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: GENESIS 6-8 ; MATTHEW 3
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye