OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS SATURDAY 15TH JUNE 2019
THEME: PUTTING GOD ON THE RUN?
MEMORISE: Delight thyself also in the Lord ; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.Psalms 37:4
Read: Psalms 37:3-7
3. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
When the lame man at the Beautiful gate saw Peter and John, he expected to get some money but he got what money could not buy – healing. Thus tells us that sometimes, God may not exactly not give us our requests based on our limited expectations.
When we ask God for fish, he makes us fishers of men because He is a good God and also because while we focus on our wants, God focuses on your needs. While we focus on today, God focuses on tomorrow and won’t give you what will short change your future. Also Read – Open Heavens 15 June 2019
Expectation releases the power to patiently wait on the Lord until He grants your desire. If you have no expectation, it will mean that you are not waiting for anything.
David knew how to wait on the Lord, and this was one reason he was God’s favourite. His predecessor on the other hand could not wait for God, no wonder he was rejected by God. For some believers, everything must be now.
They are very impatient! Your impatience will never put God on the run; He will always work with His own timing. So rather than impatiently look elsewhere for answers, why don’t you sit with God and tell Him your expectations. Also Read – Prayer Points For Open Heavens 15 June 2019
Impatient people left want the world to revolve at their pace, but at the end they have nothing to show for their haste.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 9-10, Acts 1
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm and changeless be,
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then, in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
AUTHORS: Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.