OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 30 JUNE 2019
THEME: THE FEAR OF GOD
MEMORISE: Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. Proverbs 3:7
Read: Psalms 139:4-10
4. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8. If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10. Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Growing up, I discovered that the fear of God will always keep you from sin. But nowadays, the situation is different especially with teenagers.
When I was in secondary school, the first thing we did in the morning was devotion where we were taught, “Fear God, He sees you, He knows what you are doing, be careful.” Open Heaven 1 July 2019
These things were mentioned every morning. Whenever the ‘big boys’ of the school initiated rebellious acts, those of us that were very attentive with what we’d been taught in devotion would say, “Hey, be careful, God is hearing, He is here with us, I have no part in it. God you see me, I am leaving”. Open Heaven 30 June 2019
They all ended up rusticated or as drop outs while those of us who feared God graduated in flying colors.
My elder brother was a very muscular young man.
I thought he was the strongest person around. The day I saw my dad beat him and he was crying like a baby, I feared my father and determined never to do anything that will warrant him beating me.
If you are wise, you will fear the Consuming Fire and depart from evil, because if He decides to punish you, it is only by His mercy that you can survive.
Ask God to plant His fear in your heart.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 19-20, Acts 9:23-43
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for theres no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.