OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 10 JUNE 2019
THEME: NO MORE COMPROMISE
MEMORISE: My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.Proverbs 1:10
Read: Daniel 3:12-18
12. There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
13. Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Then they brought these men before the king.
14. Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
15. Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
Besides loving righteousness and hating evil, the righteous are identified by their zero tolerance for compromise. During hard and trying times, some Christians use the situation as excuse for compromising their faith, the righteous happily as opportunities to stand up for Jesus. Job 17:9 says:
*”The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.”*
The righteous prefer to lose anything than to compromise their faith. In Daniel 3, the three Hebrew children stood tall for God. When their colleagues bowed to the golden image out of fear, they told the king, O king, we respect you, but we choose to die by fire than to bow before any lifeless image and sin to our God (Paraphrased). Also Read – Open Heavens 10th June 2019 Monday
God watches with the keen interest whenever His children are asked to compromise. A compromising Christian is like a cloud without rain, or candle without flame. The fellow has lost his worth.
Standing up for Jesus adds value to your faith and gives you respect before God, demon and men. Make up your mind to stop disappointing Jesus by compromising God’s standard for your life. The friends of some people don’t even know that they are Christians. Also Read – Open Heavens 11 June 2019
Be bold, stand up for Jesus today!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 32-33, John 18:24-40
1. Stand up! Stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner,
It must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
The solemn watchword hear;
If while ye sleep he suffers,
Away with shame and fear.
Where’re yeah meet with evil,
Within you or without,
Charge for the God of battles,
And put the foe to rout.
3. Stand up! Stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger,
Be never wanting there.
4. Stand up! Stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song.
To him that overcometh
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.