OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 7 MARCH 2021
THEME: SHUT THE DOOR
READ: 2 Kings 4:1-7
1. Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
2. And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
3. Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbors, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.
4. And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.
5. So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.
6. And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
7. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.
MEMORISE: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 7 MARCH 2021
The widow in our Bible text today cried to the man of God about her state of poverty. Her late husband was a devoted child of God, yet, he died a pauper.
I pray for you today, that you will never die poor in Jesus name.
She got her liberation when she obeyed the instructions given by Prophet Elisha – one of which was shut the door.
Perhaps, if she had not shut the door, one of the neighbours she borrowed vessels from would have come to distract her with a petty gossip or even laughed at her foolishness.
Any distraction would have hindered the miracle.Dear child, henceforth, shun anything or anyone that wants to distract you from obeying God to the letter. They may come in the guise of friends but are wolves in sheeps clothing.
They may want to lure you into taking alcohol, prostitution, dating married men or women, engaging in p*rnography et cetera. Shut the door of your ears and heart against any doctrine that contradicts the word of God. Keep looking unto Jesus. Receive grace to do this in Jesus name. Amen.
ACTION POINT: Make a list of things or people that have distracted you in your relationship with God and stay away from them completely.
HYMN 15: LET US WITH A GLADSOME MIND
1. Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind:
For His mercies shall endure,
ever faithful, ever sure.
2. God, with all-commanding might,
Filled the new-made world with light:
3. All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:
4. Let us then with gladsome mind
Praise the Lord, for He is kind:
5. He His chosen race did bless
In the wasteful wilderness.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 11:20-33
AUTHORS: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
PASTOR (MRS) FOLU ADEBOYE