OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 6 JULY 2021: VESSEL UNTO DISHONOUR
MEMORISE: Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city. Psalms 31:21
READ: 2 TIMOTHY 2:19-22
19. Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
22. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 6 JULY 2021
Several years ago, we had a house-help who consumed any leftover food in the house, not minding whose scraps it was, so my children jokingly nicknamed her dustbin.
The day I heard them call her that, I queried them and they said she eats anything; always receiving, never giving.
One of the vessels in every house is a dustbin or garbage bag, its very useful but unto dishonour.
In your journey with God, you must not be a dustbin; where anyone dumps just anything in you because you’re static and not progressing. A teenager who is always receiving and never giving out will become a pool of stagnant water that stinks.
Another quality of a dustbin is that its used to carry wastes and not beautiful things. You must run away from sin; sin is a form of waste that must not be found in or around you if you don’t want to be a vessel unto dishonour.
PRAYER POINT: Father, please don’t let me lose honour before You and men.
HYMN: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 33-34, Acts 13:24-52
AUTHORS: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE.
PASTOR (MRS) FOLU ADEBOYE