OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 5 JULY 2021
TOPIC: VESSEL UNTO HONOUR
MEMORISE: Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19
READ: 2 TIMOTHY 2:19-22
19. Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
22. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 5 JULY 2021
A vessel is an object that serves the master, not himself. All vessels in a house perform one function or the other at different times.
For instance, a soup bowl and a food warmer function differently. Every child of God is a type of vessel in Gods house. What distinguishes whether they are unto honour or dishonour is their lifestyle.
A vessel unto honour is clean because he or she departs from iniquity and constantly purges himself/herself of any dirt. One of the benefits of being a vessel unto honour is that the Master will speak to you and through you.
I remember the first time I attended a fellowship meeting at the University of Lagos. We were worshiping God, then, all of a sudden everyone became silent and one brother began to prophesy; Thus saith the Lord… and he went on and on. So, I nudged the man who took me there; When did God say that? I asked.
He said, Shut up, God is speaking. God was speaking and only one man was hearing; I was there but I wasnt hearing anything at all. However, to God be the glory, today, I hear Him clearly once in a while. Therefore, any teenager who wants to become a vessel unto honour must live a life of consecration.
Father, please make me a vessel unto honour.
HYMNS: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 31-32; Acts 13:1-52
AUTHORS: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
PASTOR MRS FOLU ADEBOYE