OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 3 AUGUST 2022 WEDNESDAY: INGRATITUDE
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 3 AUGUST 2022 MEMORIZE: And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? Luke 17:17
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 3 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING LUKE 17:12-19
12. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
13. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
15. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16. And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
17. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18. There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 3 August 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 3 AUGUST 2022 MESSAGE
Ingratitude is an attitude put up by one who does not appreciate a good done to him/her and it is very bad. When someone gives or does something for you, as a child of God, you should say thank you.
A Yoruba adage says Show appreciation for a good done so that you can get another one. In our Bible passage for today, Jesus cleansed ten lepers but only one showed appreciation and was thus made whole. This shows that it is easy to get more when you show gratitude for the good received.
Beloved, there are different ways to show gratitude to one who has done you a favour. First is with words; say thank you and mean it. Don’t say thank you in a grumpy manner, it does not show that you truly appreciate what was done.
Second, act it. In fact, this is a step further because you should first thank the person with words and then follow it with actions by giving or doing something for the person as a form of gratitude. This will go a long way in showing the person that you are truly grateful.
Also, giving in return shows that you are not a pest that likes to receive and never gives. Lastly, never speak ill of anybody, particularly one who has done you a favour or given you a gift. When you speak ill of anyone who does good to you, you are simply ungrateful.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 3 AUGUST 2022 KEY POINT
Go to your parents/guardians now and thank them for taking good care of you.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 3 AUGUST 2022 HYMN
NOW WE THANK WE ALL OUR GOD
1. Now thank we all our God
With heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things hath done,
In whom His world rejoices;
Who from our mothers’ arms
Hath blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love,
And still is ours today.
2. O may this bounteous God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us,
To keep us in His grace,
And guide us when perplexed,
And free us from all ills
Of this world and the next.
3. All praise and thanks to God
The Father now be given,
he Son and Him who reigns
With them in highest heaven
The One Eternal God,
Whom heaven and earth adore;
For thus it was, is now,
And shall be evermore.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 3 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: ROMANS 4:1-25, PSALMS 70-72
Thank you for this, Glory to God…
Thank you so much
Thank you Lord for your unfailing love and thank you Mum and Dad for taking good care of me and my siblings ♥️💕💌
thank you for posting every day