OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 28 FEBRUARY 2021
THEME: TRUE WORSHIPPERS II
MEMORISE: I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Proverbs 8:17
READ: ISAIAH 29:13-14
13. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
14. Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 28 FEBRUARY 2021
True worship is total submission to the one being worshipped. Therefore, worshipping God is more than singing worship songs. It is the total surrender of your will, heart and everything within you to God.
David is an example of a true worshipper. He revered God through his lifestyle; no wonder he wrote many psalms in praise and adoration to God. David’s heart was after God. In Psalm 42:1, he said:
“As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.”
No wonder God called him the apple of His eye. People say “but he committed adultery and murder.” Well, he did.
However, if you compare David’s response to Saul’s when they both offended God, you will agree that David is a true worshipper. Saul tried to give excuses for his action but David felt remorseful.
He fasted and prayed for mercy. If you commit sin willfully, or serve diligently in Church only while your Pastor or fellowship executives are watching, if you are serving God so that you can have something in return, you are not a true worshipper.
A true worshipper worships in deed.
HYMN 3 : ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
NUMBERS 21:1-35, NUMBERS 22:1-41, NUMBERS 23:1-30, MARK 7:14-37
AUTHORS: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
PASTOR (MRS) FOLU ADEBOYE.