OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 24 OCTOBER 2020 SATURDAY: ABOVE COVETOUSNESS
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 24 OCTOBER 2020 MEMORIZE: I have coveted no man’s silver, or gold, or apparel. Acts 20:33
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 24 OCTOBER 2020 BIBLE READING 2 KINGS 5:21-27
21. So Gehazi followed after Naaman. And when Naaman saw him running after him, he lighted down from the chariot to meet him, and said, Is all well?
22. And he said, All is well. My master hath sent me, saying, Behold, even now there be come to me from mount Ephraim two young men of the sons of the prophets: give them, I pray thee, a talent of silver, and two changes of garments.
23. And Naaman said, Be content, take two talents. And he urged him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of garments, and laid them upon two of his servants; and they bare them before him.
24. And when he came to the tower, he took them from their hand, and bestowed them in the house: and he let the men go, and they departed.
25. But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.
26. And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and men servants, and maidservants?
27. The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 24 OCTOBER 2020
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 24 OCTOBER 2020 MESSAGE
Naaman brought a huge amount of money and some gifts to Elisha after his healing but Elisha refused to accept the money.
He probably had needs and could also have thought that if he received the gift, he would be able to solve many problems of others around him. Yet he refused to accept it.
Gehazi (the servant of Elisha), on the other hand, inherited Naamans leprosy as a result of his covetousness whereas he ought to have inherited the double portion of the anointing of Elisha (like Elisha inherited Elijahs).
A lot of unsuspecting youths today have been initiated into secret cults, witchcraft, evil groups et cetera as a result of this problem.
There are a lot of troubles you will save yourself from if only you can be contented with what you have.
Several years ago, when Mercedez Benz was newly brought into Nigeria, a minister of God came and promised me one.
I thought that God had finally answered my prayers but He instructed me not to accept it.
So, I called him to humbly tell him that God said that l shouldn’t accept it.
In anger, he asked was it the devil that told me to buy it for you?.
Much later, we realised that there was a bad intention behind his gift.
Not all those who give you gifts have true intentions. Beware of covetousness!
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 24 OCTOBER 2020 KEY POINT
Consciously discipline yourself to be content with whatever you have.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 24 OCTOBER 2020 HYMN
WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 24 OCTOBER 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JEREMIAH 11:1-23, JEREMIAH 12:1-17, JEREMIAH 13:1-27, 1 TIMOTHY 4:1-16