OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 MARCH 2021 SUNDAY: JOHN THE BAPTIST
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 MARCH 2021 MEMORIZE: I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Matthew 3:11
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 MARCH 2021 BIBLE READING MATTHEW 3:1-11
1. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2. And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4. And the same John had his raiment of camel’s hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
5. Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
7. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8. Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9. And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11. l indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 MARCH 2021 MESSAGE
A fore-runner is one or something that precedes the coming or development of another.
John the Baptist was the fore-runner of Jesus.
His job was to tell people about the coming of Jesus and he carried out the assignment perfectly as written in our Bible text for today.
He was called John the Baptist because he was known for baptizing those who listened to his call of repentance with water.
There are a lot of lessons to learn from the life of this great prophet.
One, he knew his purpose was to preach repentance and to fulfil this purpose, he had to stay in the wilderness, dress in a certain manner and be ona particular diet (locust and wild honey).
He never for once veered off his focus; he didn’t change his dressing or food.
My child, if you have to fulfil your purpose on earth, you need to shun distractions.
Two, John never compromised the truth even if it would lead to his death as it eventually did (Matthew 14:1-12).
If you still find it difficult to speak the truth, you need to borrow a leaf from John the Baptist.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 MARCH 2021 KEY POINT
Speak the truth even in the face of danger.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 MARCH 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JOSHUA 4:1-24, JOSHUA 5:1-15, JOSHUA 6:1-27, LUKE 2:1-52