OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 APRIL 2022 THURSDAY: DAVID OF MANY COLOURS
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 APRIL 2022 MEMORIZE: And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:6
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 APRIL 2022 BIBLE READING 1 SAMUEL 16:10-18
10. Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.
11. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
12. And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.
13. Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
14. But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
15. And Saul’s servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
16. Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.
17. And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me.
18. Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 21 April 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 APRIL 2022 MESSAGE
In his days, when people were specifically chosen and anointed to be either priests, prophets or kings, David graciously functioned in multiple positions. This is a prototype of how we believers should be.
As a young man, he became a shepherd to his fathers flock and protected them by killing a lion and a bear that once attacked them. This victory gave him confidence to confront Goliath, kill him and liberate Gods people from the Philistines.
David was also a worshipper who wrote many psalms/songs and played a musical instrument. His play was powerful enough to chase away a demon that tormented King Saul (1 Samuel 16:16).
He grew up to become a brave and fearless warrior who trained 400 vagabonds into an army of mighty men. He fought for Gods people and also went to war to recover his family that was abducted by the enemy. He was also a Priest that mediated between God and the people.
I encourage you to start developing your gifts by taking on responsibilities now. Know that your success in life will depend on how well you express your gifts and impact the world to the glory of God.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 APRIL 2022 KEY POINT
When you shy away from responsibilities, you miss opportunities to grow.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 APRIL 2022 HYMN
I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 APRIL 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: LUKE 18:1-43, 2 SAMUEL 1:1-27, 2 SAMUEL 2:1-32, 2 SAMUEL 3:1-39
Is was very powerful indeed, I can’t even I can’t even imagine having that kind of wonderful relationship that
Amen 🙏 Thank you for the message