OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 2 MAY 2021 SUNDAY: STAND BY YOUR WORDS I
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 2 MAY 2021 MEMORIZE: When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Ecclesiastes 5:4
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 2 MAY 2021 BIBLE READING ECCLESIASTES 5:1-6
1. Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
2. Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
3. For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool’s voice is known by multitude of words.
4. When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
5. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
6. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
HAPPY SUNDAY, GREAT MEN AND WOMEN OF OUR GENERATION.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 2 MAY 2021
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 2 MAY 2021 MESSAGE
God does not joke with His words. When He says He will do a thing, He will do it.
The same is expected of us His children particularly in making vows.
Today, a lot of Christians are stagnant because they failed to fulfil the vows they made in the past.
In Jud-es 11:1-39 & Judes 12:1-12 , there is the story of Jephthah. The Israelites begged Jephthah to help them fight the Ammonites.
He agreed but because he knew the strength of the enemies, he made a vow that whatever come out of his house first to greet him would be sacrificed to God if he won the battle.
Unfortunately for him, his only daughter was the first to run out of the house to welcome him back home.
There are great lessons in this story. One of it is, be wise in making vows to God; think before you make a vow.
If Jethro had thought his daughter would likely be the first to welcome him back home, probably, he would have just vowed to give God an animal.
It was hard for Jethro, but he fulfilled his vow, so, fulfil your vows no matter how difficult it may be.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 2 MAY 2021 KEY POINT
Think of any vow you have failed to fulfil and fulfil it immediately.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 2 MAY 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 1 KINGS 3:1-28, 1 KINGS 4:1-34, 1 KINGS 5:1-18, LUKE 23:1-56