OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 19 MARCH 2021 FRIDAY: GIVEN TO ENTICEMENT?
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 19 MARCH 2021 MEMORIZE: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:14
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 19 MARCH 2021 BIBLE READING MATTHEW 4:1-7
1. Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6. And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 19 MARCH 2021
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 19 MARCH 2021 MESSAGE
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
Proverbs 1:10 To entice means to attract or tempt by offering pleasure or advantage.
A fellow can easily fall when enticed if he or she is covetous, greedy or unnecessarily curious.
These days, material things are used to lure young people into many social vices that they find it difficult to come out of later in life.
For example, a fellow who is not satisfied with the pocket money given by the parents may easily be lured into a gang of armed robbers or sex workers.
Some young people who have been committed to serving God gradually draw back when they get into higher institutions and when they finally fall, they blame it on the devil forgetting that
1 Thessalonians 5:22 admonishes us to abstain from all appearance of evil.
My child, you cannot have everything. At your age, learn to be contented with what you have in order not to fall when tempted.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 19 MARCH 2021 PRAYER POINT
Father, give me the grace to be content with what I have.
HYMN 12: I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining everyday;
Still praying as I onward bound
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s table-land;
Where love, and joy, and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise, and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4.I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing, shall resound
Lord, lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord, lead me up the mountain side
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And, heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 19 MARCH 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: DEUTERONOMY 33:1-29, DEUTERONOMY 34:1-12, LUKE 1:24-80