OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 1 APRIL 2021 THURSDAY: JUDAS ISCARIOT
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 1 APRIL 2021 MEMORIZE: Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:10
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 1 APRIL 2021 BIBLE READING JOHN 12:1-6
1. Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
2. There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.
3. Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
4. Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, which should betray him,
5. Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
6. This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 1 APRIL 2021
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 1 APRIL 2021 MESSAGE
Judas was one of the twelve disciples whom Jesus chose to work with Him while on earth.
Judas was the treasurer of the disciples as seen in our Bible reading for today.
His name should have been written amongst the disciples who did great wonders after receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost in the upper room (Acts 2:4).
However he committed suicide because he had one fault: greed.
Greed according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary is a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (such as money) than is needed.
Do you know that it could have been any disciple that would betray Jesus?.
Judas did so because before he was approached with the bribe of thirty pieces of silver (the price he was paid for betraying Jesus), he had been stealing from the treasury.
The devil knew Judas was a the treasury. The devil knew Judas was a greedy thief, so it would be easy for him to accept the bribe.
Have you ever taken what belongs to another fellow without his/her permission before?.
You did not ‘kolobi’ it, you stole it and you should do restitution.
From Judas’ story, we can also learn that the devil will tempt you with your weakness.
What is that weakness in your life? Deal with it today.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 1 APRIL 2021 KEY POINT
Ask for help from the Holy Spirit to deal with any weakness in your life.
HYMN 11: IN CHRIST ALONE MY HOPE IS FOUND
1. In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song,
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
2. In Christ alone! Who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on the cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.
3. There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
4. No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 1 APRIL 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JUDGES 6:1-40, JUDGES 7:1-25, LUKE 8:1-56