OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022 WEDNESDAY: TEACH THEM THAT AGE IS NO BARRIER
OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022 MEMORIZE: Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. Psalms 8:2
OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022 BIBLE READING 1 SAMUEL 3:1-14
1. And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.
2. And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;
3. And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
4. That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.
5. And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.
6. And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.
7. Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.
8. And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.
9. Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
10. And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
11, And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.
12. In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.
13. For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.
14. And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli’s house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever.
Good morning beloved, welcome to today’s devotional. Thank you for stopping by. It’s time to go into God’s blessed Word.
Today we’re looking at another crucial lesson believers must teach their children. This is the lesson that age is no barrier to being used by God.
Find out more in the devotional below.
Don’t keep the word to yourself. Share this blessing with other believers by saving this website (rccgonline.org) and sharing the link by using the share button below. And don’t forget to go through the prayers and declarations of the day.
Today’s Powerful Confession: I confess today my children shall obey their parents in the Lord. They’ll choose life, love the Lord, obey His voice and cling to Him. They are mighty vessels in His hands. I plead the blood of Jesus over my children, my (future) grandchildren, and my life in the mighty name of Jesus! Amen Hallelujah!
Powerful Declarations: Powerful Declarations For Today 8 June 2022
Today’s Prayer Points: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 8 June 2022
Teens Devotional: Open Heavens For Teens 8 June 2022
Yesterday’s devotional: Open Heaven 7 June 2022
Tomorrow’s devotional: Open Heaven 9 June 2022
OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022 MESSAGE
Teach your children that age is no barrier to being used by God. Teach them to be open to God even from a young age. Samuel had been hearing from God from his childhood.
In 1 Samuel 12:2, he said: “And now, behold, the king walketh before you: and I am old and grey-headed; and, behold, my sons are with you: and I have walked before you from my childhood unto this day.”
The Lord can use your children, irrespective of their age. David was a youth when God used him to kill Goliath. In 2 Timothy 4:12, Paul said to Timothy: “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”
Timothy was already a good example for believers to follow, even from his youth. Your children are not too young to be good role models for others to follow.
Before my wife and I became born again, we had had three children, all by Caesarean operation. We decided we would have no more children because the doctors said there was no way my wife could have a normal delivery. However, we got born again and Jesus became our doctor.
One day, we read Luke 1:37 which says that with God, nothing shall be impossible. We then decided to go ahead and have more children. Almost immediately after my wife got pregnant, a friend of hers died during childbirth.
We were really shaken, but then, God decided to speak to us through the children. During our devotion one morning, we read Exodus 14:1-31 and asked the children, What do you understand by this story? They said, Where there was no way before, God can make a way.
Those words really encouraged us. Not only did my wife give birth to that child safely, we still had another one after that. The Lord can speak to you through your children and He can use them to strengthen your faith.
You however must teach them in the way of the Lord and let them know that no one is too young to be used by God.
OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022 KEY POINT: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 8 June 2022
God can begin using your children from a tender age.
Thank you for reading today’s devotional Beloved.
Make the decision to be a contributor to the advancement of God’s Kingdom in one way or another. Live your life daily mindful of the purposes and plan of God.
Kindly purchase your own hard copy version of the Open Heavens devotional. You can buy it for your friends too as a potent evangelism tool.
God bless you, as you sow, into the book ministry of Pastor E.A. Adeboye in Jesus’ name.
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Kindly share with someone on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022 HYMN
WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
OPEN HEAVEN 8 JUNE 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 20:1-9, PSALMS 21:1-13, PSALMS 22:1-31