OPEN HEAVEN 12 FEBRUARY 2021 FRIDAY: LEARN FROM MICHAL
OPEN HEAVEN 12 FEBRUARY 2021 MEMORIZE: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death. 2 Samuel 6:23
OPEN HEAVEN 12 FEBRUARY 2021 BIBLE READING 2 SAMUEL 6:16-23
16. And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul’s daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.
17. And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it; and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.
18. And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts.
19. And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.
20. Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
21. And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel; therefore will I play before the LORD.
22. And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight; and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.
23. Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.
GOOD MORNING BELOVED,
Please, If you are visiting this platform for the first time, kindly save this website RCCGONLINE.ORG on your device to ease your next visit. Hymnal, Bible Reading & Other helpful clickable links below. Share with others for the propagation of the Gospel. God Bless you
READ >> OPEN HEAVEN 13 FEBRUARY 2021
OPEN HEAVEN 12 FEBRUARY 2021 MESSAGE
Michal is the only woman recorded in the Bible who never gave birth to a child in her lifetime.
We see the reason in our Bible reading for today, David had just triumphantly brought in the Ark of the Covenant to Israel and was coming home to bless his household when Michal welcomed him with mockery.
How do you welcome your husband when he gets home from work?, Is it with honour or contempt like Michal?.
Many years ago when I wasn’t as popular as I am now, a very distinguished person visited our home while I was away.
When I arrived, I greeted him and went into my room to pray.
My wife joined me and we prayed together as we normally do.
When she came out afterwards, she apologised to the guest for leaving him all by himself but he said “No Ma’am, I have seen such a great example today”.
Dear wife, your husband deserves far more honour from you than any dignitary anywhere.
Always welcome him home like a king who has returned to his palace.
The home should be where he refreshes himself before he goes out again to face the world; help him to feel refreshed.
Make him always happy to return home, not sad that he has to come and face a nagging wife again.
Some men spend long hours at the office, not because they are working but because they want to spend less time at home.
Don’t make your home like that.
It is a terrible thing for a wife to mock her husband.
The Bible says you are to submit to your husband as unto the Lord (Ephesians 5:22).
If you mock your husband, you are mocking your own head and if it is not well with the head, it cannot be well with the body.
Your husband’s current financial state doesn’t matter, don’t mock him.
Even when he makes a mistake, do not mock him.
There are certain blessings that can come to you through your husband, but if you keep mocking him, the blessings will not flow from him to you.
On that faithful day when David had danced so much for God, the anointing on him must have been special.
He was coming home to bless his family, which included Michal. Her barrenness could have ended that day.
However, instead of a blessing, she got a curse.
Your husband is the priest of your home; he is representing God in that home
It is dangerous to mock a representative of God. Learn from Michal.
OPEN HEAVEN 12 FEBRUARY 2021 KEY POINT: PRAYER POINTS FOR OPEN HEAVENS 12 FEBRUARY 2021
Make a commitment today that you will always honour your husband.
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s Open Heaven 12 February 2021, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please, share with someone on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
PREVIOUS DAY >> OPEN HEAVENS 11 FEBRUARY 2020
OPEN HEAVEN 12 FEBRUARY 2021 HYMN
BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE
1. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice,
All ye that are upright in heart;
And ye that have made Him your choice,
Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice;
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice.
2. Be joyful, for He is the Lord,
On earth and in heaven supreme;
He fashions and rules by His word;
The “Mighty” and “Strong” to redeem.
3. What though in the conflict for right
Your enemies almost prevail?
God’s armies, just hid from your sight,
Are more than the foes which assail.
4. Though darkness surround you by day,
Your sky by the night be o’ercast,
Let nothing your spirit dismay,
But trust till the danger is past.
5. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
His praises proclaiming in song;
Let gratefulness give all a voice,
The loud hallelujahs prolong!
OPEN HEAVEN 12 FEBRUARY 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: LEVITICUS 16:1-34, LEVITICUS 17:1-16, LEVITICUS 18:1-30